Saturday, April 21, 2007

Two Tims


This is Tim Curry from Rocky Horror. Sorry for the confusion. I have been admonished.

This is Tim Burton, the film director- Batman, etc.... I know the difference between the two men, thank you.

About 15 years ago I was sitting at the bar at the Formosa Cafe in Los Angeles. It was early and only three of us were at the bar- me, a tall, kind of strange looking man dressed head to toe in black and a guy who looked vaguely familiar. They were talking very seriously about movies and the man in black was making little sketches in a notebook. The other man smoked cigarette after cigarette. After awhile the man in black got up and I was left chatting with the smoker. Nice enough guy I guess, then I realized he was Johnny Depp. The man in black was Tim Burton and the sketches he was making were for the film Edward Scissorhands.

Between the three of us we have made some pretty good films.

PeterH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do not share your eMail in your profile, so I have to post my link to MY site here. I'm sorry - I do not try to raise my traffic using your blog - well, somehow, I do now, sorry..., but you must have a look at my Science Fiction Double Feature Feature. I collected all information about every movie and every actor in the song.