Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Updates

I just wanted to add some details to some recent posts. Yesterday, I talked about the student film I produced which had a great title sequence and not much else. There is a happy ending. The director, David Zucker, is a successful writer, producer and executive in Los Angeles. He worked for Warner Brothers and and CBS, was instrumental in getting E.R. on the air, and has written for television. He is currently and executive with Jerry Bruckheimer's company.

The lead actress in that film and Miss Illinois 1985 is Karen Moncrief. Today, Karen is better known as a writer and director. Her 2002 film, Blue Car,premiered at Sundance. She recently directed a film with Toni Colette and Piper Laurie called Dead Girl.

The director of Stage Door/Stonehenge, Ricky Posner is a film producer. He produced among other things, Tie Me Up Tie Me Down, the Pedro Almodovar film and many others.

Last week I wrote a post called Quid Pro Quo- about the favor bank. Thank you for your comments. The former student I featured at the end of the post called me the other day (evidently he doesn't read this page) asking for a favor. I helped him out on a billing issue he had with a client.

We do all learn from our mistakes.

PeterH

2 comments:

denise said...

you also have to give an update on yourself, since you were part of that whiz bang team! did you know i competed in the miss northwestern pageant with karen, which she won, obviously? the judges didn't quite understand mime as a talent...
xoxo,
d

Mr. Literal said...

I have just seen The Dead Girl, which has been on my Must See list since it came out last year...I can't recommend it highly enough. In fact, I'm so enthralled with this film, I'll probably devote an entire blog entry to it, later today or tomorrow.